Building a PI Client List
Whether you like it or not, your client list needs to continue to grow for your business to grow. Invest time to grow your client list with these helpful hints:.
1. Call backs - remember that client from a few months ago? Give them a call and see how they are doing. Encourage them to refer you to their friends.
2. Join a local business association - Networking is a good way to get your business out there in front of those that may need your services. Look for meetings of attorneys, business owners, and others in your area and make a point to visit with them. Carry plenty of business cards with you.
Branding Your PI Business
If you have been in business for a little while, you have chosen a logo and/or color scheme to suit your tastes. Branding your private investigations business increases your customer base through brand recognition. If you are happy with your brand, the following will make your branding efforts work for your business:
1. Consistency - Brochures, emails, business cards, web site, even office appearance and other media that represent your business should all be similar in appearance. Customers, and potential customers, will immediately recognize your brand. They will remember your business when a friend is in need of your product or service. Use the company catch phrase, logo, and color scheme on all of your materials.
2. Continually engage customers - Customers can come and then go -- go away. Identify opportunities to create an ongoing dialogue with customers.
4. Don’t forget the power of “freebies” - Carve a few dollars from your budget to include your logo, catch phrase, web address, and office phone number on some “freebie” items. Refrigerator magnets, paper coffee cups/sleeves, pens, or pencils, or other inexpensive give-away items. The freebies you share with your customers are seen by their friends. Individuals that you may not have reached otherwise, stretching your marketing dollars. Everyone likes a small freebie every now and then!
Your business is your investment. Spend a little time to consistently show your brand, include your employees, in expanding your market.
PI HQ is dedicated to bringing you important information that impacts the private investigations world.
Information of interest to professional private investigators.